On 6/6/06, Sebastien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/6/06, Tuomo Valkonen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2006-06-06, Geoffrey Alan Washburn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >       I haven't tried resizing via the arrow keys, but I have noticed that
> > the arrow keys don't work with the menu in Apple's X11.  See my post on
> > 4/22.  Unfortunately, I never came up with a solution.
>
> Check the keysyms with xev.
>

Here is what xev returns:

left:

    state 0x0, keycode 131 (keysym 0xff51, Left), same_screen YES,
    XKeysymToKeycode returns keycode: 78

right:

    state 0x0, keycode 132 (keysym 0xff53, Right), same_screen YES,
    XKeysymToKeycode returns keycode: 74

down:

    state 0x0, keycode 133 (keysym 0xff54, Down), same_screen YES,
    XKeysymToKeycode returns keycode: 80

up:

   state 0x0, keycode 134 (keysym 0xff52, Up), same_screen YES,
    XKeysymToKeycode returns keycode: 85

For some 2 different codes are returned by each arrow key. I'm not
that familiar with xwindow events. Is there a way to fix this?


I think I've got it. I unmapped the keysym codes (78 74 80 85) and it works!
I don't know If there will be other consequenses.

--
I've never played by the rules, but I've played with the rules.

Reply via email to