Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> On 2006-10-16, Jarrod Lowe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> WMPlexes have hooks too. Etc.
>> I can't see any references to any hooks except in section 6.10, which
>> lists 15 hooks, which all seem to be global in scope. So, I am not
>> quite sure what you are refering to here.
> 
> frame_managed_changed_hook, screen_managed_changed_hook. Not sure
> if these are the way I'd go about things, but I can't be bothered
> to think of a better solution...
> 

Thinking outside the original scope (but about the same problem) is
there any merit in the idea of putting a little winprops access method
in the context menu of applications (so in addition to "Toggle tag" have
an option that will make a temp winprop for that frame based on
something you type in (e.g. "title:*VNC*").

Random thought, until I can figure out what the @!#?*$ vncviewer is
doing to itself*.

John

* Comment lifted from vncviewer code:
"We want to stop the window manager from managing our toplevel window.
This is not really a nice thing to do, so may not work properly with
every window manager.  We do this simply by setting overrideRedirect and
reparenting our window to the root.  The window manager will get a
ReparentNotify and hopefully clean up its frame window."

Reply via email to