Rafal Jedruszek
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:

> Tuomo Valkonen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> On 2006-10-29, Rafal Jedruszek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> I've recently updated ion3 and now the dock is able to get focus
>>
>> Maybe fixed. Can't be bothered to test...
>
> Thanks.  I will probably have to wait for new version in my
> distribution's repository because I can't compile ion-3 by hand.
>
> This is the problem:
> | gcc  ion-statusd.o exec.o extlrx.o exports.o  -g -Os  -L../../libmainloop 
> -lmainloop -L../../libextl -lextl -L../../libtu -ltu -L/usr//lib -llua -ldl 
> -lm -o ion-statusd
> | /usr//lib/liblua.so: warning: Using 'dlopen' in statically linked 
> applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version 
> used for linking
> | /usr//lib/libdl.a(dlopen.o): In function `dlopen':
> | (.text+0x1b): undefined reference to `__dlopen'
> | /usr//lib/libdl.a(dlclose.o): In function `dlclose':
> | (.text+0x5): undefined reference to `__dlclose'
> | /usr//lib/libdl.a(dlsym.o): In function `dlsym':
> | (.text+0x1b): undefined reference to `__dlsym'
> | /usr//lib/libdl.a(dlerror.o): In function `dlerror':
> | (.text+0x5): undefined reference to `__dlerror'
> | collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I have libdl.so and libdl.a in /usr/lib.
>
> Google says nothing so I don't know how to repair this problem.

If someone is interested, I know what was wrong.  I have /usr as
a symlink to another location and /usr/lib cannot be symlinked in
any way.  I had similar problems with compiling something else
and using `mount --bind' instead of a symlink resolved it.

I found about this on gentoo bugzilla:
http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=112413


-- 
do you remember
a sky of blue
sun shining
down on you

Reply via email to