> It's a mechanical device for changing the size of a drawing or
> so by moving one pointer on a source image and another with a
> pencil on a target paper. Obviously, especially if the linkages
> are a bit worn down, it's rather cumbersome to point to a
> specific point in the target by moving just the source pointer.
> But this is the operation of the mouse.

Webster: [F pantographe, fr pant- + -graphe -graph] (1723)

     1: an instrument for copying (as a map) on a predetermined
     scale consisting of four light rigid bars jointed in a
     parallelogram form; also: any of various extensible devices
     of similar construction (as for use as brackets or gates)

     2: an electrical trolley carried by a collapsible and
     adjustable frame.

Moreover. I am using an optical [laser] mouse. Cordless
{Bluetooth] by surplus. With VERY little *mechanics* in it
[e.g., the lid to access the 2x AA batteries]. :)

Cheers,

/Roy
--
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS   dimana tak da lang, aku lah lang, kata
SSSSS . s l a c k w a r e  SSSSSS   belalang--where there are no eagles, I am