>> the v6 application could do this more simply by binding to the v4
>> address (be it wildcard or not) in addition to any others.
>We cannot do this with Linux.

        the whole confusion of AF_INET and AF_INET6 interaction
        is documented very nicely in BIND9 doc/misc/ipv6.  the source of
        confusion is that we have no specification to look at - RFC2553
        should have documented how they should interact.  i think i have
        raised this more than a year ago on ipv6imp mailing list, and the
        comment was that this is implementation dependent thing.

itojun