The capture of the type of application is in fact the idea behind the
IANA reserved/defined value of the "flow label type' in my "flow-label"
related recent draft. The first bit of the redefined
"flow label type" would indicate that it is a IANA number as opposed to
a "protocol/server-port". This "reserved/IANA defined" value is a better
indication than the "protocol/server-port".

Alex