> thanks Paul.  OK.  I would not use it to alter the boundaries imposed by
> scoped site architecture which is a good set of boundaries.  I may have
used
> the hammer to avoid 2 faced DNS though.  Seems like now I should not do
> that.

My comment about the hammer was stupid.  What I said about not knowing
anything about scoped addresses is true.  I don't know the issues there, so
I don't know whether trying to take extend near-uniques, or at least read
more into them than I meant, is a good idea or not.

But I do believe that trying to do make site-locals absolutely 100%
guarenteed unique is not practical, so any mechanisms that depend on that
have a big strike against them.

PF