In your previous mail you wrote:

   For IPv6, you could define a new extension header (hop-by-hop option).

=> and the hop-by-hop option will be (slowly) processed by each router
(I don't believe this is you'd like to do)... But if we need some free
space in headers IPv6 can provide this (ie. good idea, bad keyboard :-)

Regards

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

PS: the current discussion can give what we want. Personally I vote
for 3 (keep flow label unspecified) and to go to the bar!