Dave Thaler wrote:

> [...]

Hi Dave;

Yes, but he asked "the way multicast is actually used in IPv4".
That's the answer to the question he asked, maybe not to others he
should have asked.
--
                                 Regards
                                 Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624       Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.on-the-i.com

Test your network for multicast : http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/
 Check the status of multicast in real time :
 http://www.multicasttech.com/status/index.html