On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Richard Draves wrote:
> The Microsoft implementation limits to two errors per second, just for
> this reason.

That is only good enough if you assume the tracerouter is over 500ms away,
because traceroute by default sends out three probes..

I've commented on the new ICMP draft that this issue should be taken into
consideration, and apparently it will, as the draft didn't progress at
IETF51.

B.t.w. Linux uses a token bucket mechanism here and is not affected.

B.t.w.2. Cisco implementation is(/was) also broken, another issue I
mentioned here and on [EMAIL PROTECTED], they promised they'd be working on
it.