Jack,

My thinking that led to the draft was to change the current ND behavior to
require spreading the load between multiple default routers.  Currently ND
does not require this.  I noticed the current ND behavior when I wrote the
VRRP for IPV6 draft, that there wasn't any mechanism to that required hosts
to use more than one default router, even when several existed.

I talked about round robin because it was very simple and would do a
reasonable job spreading the traffic.  Other approaches are possible, but
more complex.  The draft could be changed to allow other load sharing
mechanisms as well.

Bob