JIm,

First I agree with you technically. This is the right direction and matches
the keep-it-simple approach that is needed.

I'm not sure it should even be BCP. Effectively this is a liaison document
to another organisation - I think we would normally publish it as Informational.
Of course if 3GPP indicated that they want to cite it as a normative
reference, we might reclassify it. So it is a good idea to write it in
the style of a BCP, in any case.

   Brian