In your previous mail you wrote:

   The analogy to the situation with RSVP is not 100% applicable. We could make
   all the IPv6 sources to mark the packets with flow labels, even if they had
   no interest in participating in any kind of resource reservations. If we
   could raise the bar for the "dumb hosts" to do this, the other end of the
   connection could still utilize flow label based classifiers.

=> as we don't really know how to use flow label IMHO to remove
a well-known scenario from the space of possibilities.

   The "dumb host" and "smart router" scenario has other problems as well. For
   example:

=> I didn't say that dumb host/smart router is good, I did say this is
a common scenario. But I am tired of flow label discussions, usually
they go nowhere. Please count me as a "keep current (non) specs" supporter.

Regards

[EMAIL PROTECTED]