> > presuming, of course, that IPv4 service with a stable address
> > is available at that time, and that the ISP doesn't filter 6to4 packets.
>
> In those cases Shipworm is the mechansim of choice.

no it's not, because shipworm doesn't provide stable addresses under
these conditions either.  and an ISP that filters 6to4 can also filter
shipworm.

> In any case we need
> to be forcing the system to provide uninhibited IPv6 service to the
> applications. If ISPs try to prevent that it will cost them effort, and
> eventually customers.

I don't know how much 'forcing' we can do, but providing customers with
extra flexibility in how they assign addresses won't hurt.

And while I would like to believe that ISPs that impair customers' ability
to use the net will suffer, current experience doesn't bear that out.

Keith