On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Tony Hain wrote:

> This is why sites should be allocated /48s. There is no inherent reason
> to break into the interface id space for subnets. This is particularly
> true when the reason is simply to satisfy the draconian address
> conservation attitude required to extend the life of IPv4 until IPv6 can
> be deployed.

If that's static /48's, the /29 boundary will need revision...(and
certainly a /35 would be useless to any medium ISP).

Would you apply the RFC3194 0.8 HD ratio to subnets within a single ISP?
I don't see that provider networks would be flat or near 100% utilisation
as you suggest in your previous email.

Tim