At 8:22 AM +0000 2/8/02, Tim Chown wrote:
>So if an ISP came along and said "we have a million customers signed up,
>we want to give them static /48 prefixes to their current home xDSL lines,
>and thus we'd like a /23", that should be approved? (2^25^0.8 ~= 1M)

Yes, absolutely, assuming they can present some evidence that they
really do have that many customers.  Also, if the ISP were growing
quickly enough they might well be given a bigger block than a /23,
so they wouldn't have to come back again for more too soon.  I believe
the registries are considering taking growth rate into account, as
well as customer count, when deciding how much space to allocate to
an ISP.

Steve