Last year, in Seattle, I asked that RFC-2462 should be changed so that
at any specific point of time, the id-part of address should be unique
for each host on the link.

That is, it should not be legal for two hosts on same link to use same
ID part of the IPv6-address, regardless of the prefix.

The main reason for this request is that, if id alone is not required
to be unique on link, then *EVERY HOST* on the link must do DAD on
every assigned id on every new prefix it sees from RA. On a link with
many nodes, this causes a flood of DAD's after RA! [a host may have
multilple ID's due to privacy drafts, and due other reasons].

Apparently my request has been totally forgotten. It's really a minor
issue, and should just be clarified.

*********
Do I have to write a new modified draft of RFC-2462 to get this issue
hanndled? Or, how to proceed on this?
*********

I've coded our stack do what "aggressive ID defendign", which is
basicly: when DAD arrives (NS with src=::),

 1) if target is my valid address, reply with NA

 2) if target my tentative address, declare it duplicate

--- up to this point, this is the normal DAD processing. The following
    step is my "tweak"

 3) if target is not may address (valid or tentative), but if the ID
    part of the target matches any of my valid addresses, I will reply
    with NA as if the tested address were mine (regardless of the
    prefix in target).

So far, the only thing that seems to break, is TAHI tests in prefix
lifetime checks, where it uses DAD NS to see if I actually deleted the
prefix. (If it used normal NS to test this, everything would go ok).