OK, there are really several issues here:
a. the text needs to be updated to use RFC 2119 keywords
b. which keywords?
c. what is "the stateful configuration protocol"?
d. if the answer to "c" is DHCPv6, should RFC 2462 more
    explicitly reference the configuration-only version
    of DHCPv6 in the description of the 'O'flag?

Without fixing a. RFC 2462 is underspecified in this area.

I changed "should" into "MUST" because a network manager who wants hosts to
use "the stateful configuration protocol" really expects those hosts to use
it.  It seemed like a good way to kick of the discussion.

Now that the DHCPv6 spec is approaching completion, we ought to talk about
c. and d.

- Ralph