> I'm curious about the implementation status. I know the Windows
> implementation does not implement the RFC 2462 optimization - it
> performs DAD on every address independently. What about other
> implementations?

FWIW The Solaris implementation does supress DAD on addresses configured
using the stateless mechanism except the link local address.
It does perform DAD on all manually configured addresses.

My person opinion is that we should fix that implementation and
other implementations that have this behavior.
Forcing implementations to have more than one link-local address
due to RFC 3041 (and potentially lots of them - one for every valid
RFC 3041 address) since quite odd both conceptually and messy to deal
with from an implementation perspective (need to track which is the "real"
link-local address.)

  Erik