Date:        Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:13:18 +0900
    From:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  |     i don't think we need to un-tie flowlabels and sockets, at least
  |     within the default behavior.  it complicate things too much (and if we
  |     add a new system call, we'll need to go through POSIX/XNET/whatever,
  |     which will be a lot of pain).

Oh sorry, I obviously wasn't very clear.   That degree of breaking the
relationship wasn't what I intended.   Using setsockopt() or similar
will be just fine.   All I meant was that there shouldn't be a one flow
label to one socket assumption anywhere.  Several sockets might be
using the same flow label (and not just ones in the unix world split
by dup()/fork() semantics) and one socket might use different labels
at different times (within the same transport level connection).

  |     for normal usage 1:1 relationship between socket and flowlabel should
  |     be ok.

Yes, most of the time, for most apps, that will be fine.   But we do
need to provide for the exceptional cases too.

kre