hi Itojun,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>         as you may have heard during IETF54 IESG plenary panel session,
>         i would like to see the above "MUST" removed.  there are large amount
>         of IPv6 install base, which supports no HAO, or old definition of HAO.
>         for instance, FreeBSD beyond 4.0 has IPv6 but no support for HAO.
>         MacOS 10.2, JunOS and ExtremeWare do not have HAO support either.
>         suspect they have no HAO support.
>
>         we have no way to force upgrade for all users of the existing IPv6
>         stacks.  therefore, i believe it very important for mobile-ip6 to be
>         defined so that:
>         - mobile-ip6 MN is interoperable with CN without HAO support, nor
>           binding error message support

it is. if a CN does not support HAO, it will send an ICMP error message
pointing to the offending octet. when the MN receives this message, it
starts reverse-tunneling through the Home Agent. where is the problem?
if this is not clearly specified in the MIPv6 draft, it can be. the
binding error functionality can also be substituted by an ICMP error.
Binding Error was specified so that it is easier for the MN to figure
out whats going on.

>         - do not require any changes to existing implementations

we dont have to.

>         - do not make them "non-conformant"

everytime a new standard comes out, there is something new in it.

regards
Vijay