Title: RE: [mobile-ip] Re: HAO and BE processing will be mandated
  Here are two of the reasons why I think RO will be undesirable:

  1. It allows the users to entirely bypass the home IP provider's network. This will keep the home
  IP network providers out of added revenue streams. The situation will be even worse when the
  AAA clients for accounting are in the home IP network which will not be in the data path due to
  RO.

This is not a techical reason, this is a business reason. If we get into this aspect
of technology deployment, protocol designs might change in rather strange ways :)
I don't think we want to go there.

Also, if any operator is trying to bill users by baning route optimizations, what is their
plan for non-Mobile IP? What happens when mobile node uses its care-of address
as its end point of a communication?

Despite any protocol work here, an operator can still force all the traffic to
flow through home network, if it is determined to do so...

alper