> I would appreciate it if anyone could inform me of the outcome of
> the DAD vs. DIID discussion in Yokohama. The meeting minutes are not
> available at playground.sun yet.

consensus in the room was for DAD.

there was also a discussion whether DAD should be done only on
manually configured addresses, and not on MAC address derived and
random ones. no consensus in the room. Erik Nordmark suggested
"optimistic DAD", but there was no time to discuss it.

optimistic DAD looks to me to be a good compromise.

cheers,
Ole