In your previous mail you wrote:

   consensus in the room was for DAD.

=> it should be very fine to get an official position about this.

   there was also a discussion whether DAD should be done only on
   manually configured addresses, and not on MAC address derived and
   random ones. no consensus in the room. Erik Nordmark suggested
   "optimistic DAD", but there was no time to discuss it.

   optimistic DAD looks to me to be a good compromise.

=> I disagree because the damage can be too great: I prefer
collision avoidance to collision detection...
As I explained in an old thread about this kind of issues,
the choice for optimistic DAD *must* be in the hands of the network
manager (i.e., the guy who will be in trouble if the very unlikely
event happens).

Regards

[EMAIL PROTECTED]