In your previous mail you wrote:

   While this is simple in traditional LANs I'm worried about the consequences
   in networks like Bluetooth scatternets where devices in power saving modes
   will have to be waked up. I also imagine there easily will be partitions in
   such networks, and that DAD therefore will provide little assurance. Instead
   address uniqueness could be assured from EUIs.

=> I have no concern about the last statement. The problem with (too)
optimistic DAD is to fail to detect a collision before the damage and
when there are duplicated EUIs the damage is already very great.
This is why I proposed to use IMEIs for mobile phones which have no
IEEE devices so no EUIs but still have a globally unique hardware number.
PPP is another case where DAD can be forgotten.

Regards

[EMAIL PROTECTED]