> From: Robert Elz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>   | - which is more significant priority or prefix length?
>
> prefix length.   The draft is quite clear about that.   The preferences
> are only a method to allow routers that would otherwise be considered
> equal to be ranked (a last step disambiguator).

Ok, that much I sort of guessed, but is there as simple answer to my
followup question:

- if router2 is not reachable, obviously packets matching prefix2/L
  can be sent to router1. But, is there any advice on algorithm how
  the system detects if router2 becomes available? Just wait for RA?
  Probe with some logic?. (There is no RA in IPv4 -- I think this
  should work for IPv4 too!)

Ok, so my address matches the route for router2, but this router is
currently unreachable (no entry in neighbor cache). Do I

a) drop the packet

b) if there is a reachable router with shorter matching prefix, send
   there

I guess (b), but then the question is when and how is router2
"rediscovered". I'm pretty sure I can invent some ad hoc algorithm,
but I also wanted to know other opinions?