> Suppose you have a host with two next-hop routers, R1 and R2. R1
> connects the host to the rest of the internet. R2 connects the host
> to a specific /48. 99% of the host's traffic goes to that /48. Then
> R2 is the best default router for the host, because sending traffic
> to R2 will produce the fewest Redirects. But R1 is the best router
> for ::/0.

I don't understand what this means.
"Best router for ::/0" is the same as best default router in my mind.

As far as I can tell the distinction you are trying to make only makes
sense when the question asked is "which is the best router for prefix P".
But the node cares about "which is the best router for destination D" - nodes
don't send packets to prefixes - they send packets to addresses.

So I'm utterly confused.

  Erik