>> PS: the reason is that layer-2 devices need to know if they can
>> remove multicast packets to nodes which are not listening for them
>> (cf draft-ietf-magma-snoop-02.txt).
>
>In my view this is crap! Why must IP layer bend over so much for some
>kludgy layer-2 devices? If there are such devices, they could quite
>easily detect the equivalent of solicited node participants from the
>normal ND traffic!

        because otherwise multicast traffic will be flooded to every
        switch ports.

>I'm going to ingore RFC 2710 on this point. I do not send MLD for link
>local multicast groups.

        then your device will have trouble operating on coming switches
        that support MLD snooping, and it will be very difficult to
        track the issue down (extraordinary support load to your colleagues).
        i suggest you to follow RFC2710.

itojun