>Good catch Margaret.  I should have noticed that the example given
>actually violates the scoped addressing architecture doc.  The
>forwarding logic is still correct, but you can only have, at most,
>one zone id per scope per interface.  Otherwise you would have
>overlapping scope zones.

Are you sure?

I originally began an answer to Robert's third example with something
like "this is an invalid configuration".  However, I realized that I
was mistaken.

Assuming that router B has support for multi-link subnets, Robert's
example is a valid configuration showing a subnet-local zone
that encompasses two links.

There is no requirement that all hosts within a given zone need
to configure addresses from (all of) the unicast prefix(es)
within that zone, or that all routers need to advertise the same
unicast prefixes on all interfaces within a given zone.  Is there?

The real question is this:

By default, if a router is configured to advertise the same prefix
on two interfaces, should the router assume that the two interfaces
are in the same subnet-local zone?  Should the router assume that
the two interfaces are on the same link (i.e. in the same link-local
zone)?

These are questions that need to be answered in the scoped address
architecture.

I think it would be a reasonable default for a router that is
configured with the same prefix on two interfaces to assume that
those interfaces are on the same link (same link-local zone), and
in the same subnet-local zone.

In other words, I think that routers should default to the
single-link subnet case, unless mutli-link subnetting has been
explicitly configured.

What do you think?

Margaret