G'day IPng-ers,

        One of the big issues in getting low-latency
handovers working for IPv6 mobility is the long delay
involved in completing DAD.

One option is to allow the Mobile Node to communicate
while the address is still Tentative (optimistically assuming
that DAD will succeed), but to adjust its ND / SAA
behaviour in order to minimize disruption in case
of an address conflict (and maintain correct interoperation
with unmodified nodes).

        We've kicked the idea around a little on mobile-ip,
and I've formalized my thoughts into an internet draft,
which should get published soon.  In the meantime, you can
find it at <http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/ipv6/fastho.htm>
(tentatively titled draft-moore-ipv6-optimistic-dad-00).

        I'd be interested in your opinions on the draft,
and its potential suitability for standards track.

cheers,
        Nick
--
Nick 'Sharkey' Moore                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Research Fellow, CTIE                   Tel: +61 3 9905 3707