Michel Py wrote:

Thomas,

Thomas Narten wrote:
[192.0.2.0/24]
This is far less than is needed (strictly speaking) to
document usages that require shorter prefixes. But I'm
not aware of this being a problem in practice.

Because there is a solidly established practice of using RFC1918
addresses for documentation purposes, especially the 10. net.

Bingo!
We need to reserve some equivalent space in v6 land.
Net 10 allows 16 bits to create a hierachy of /24,
so we need 16 bits in v6 lands to create a hierachy of /48.
That translate into a /32.

   - Alain.