Tony,
     That is a reasonable approach and one that I could live
with.  It allows SLs to exist and control is based on tools
that are in wide use today.

Brian

Tony Hain wrote:
The whole discussion about lack of definition of site boundary is bogus,
and causing a large waste of energy. We don't tell people how to bound
areas in OSPF, yet we are expected to spell out the universal definition
of a site. To a first order, the concepts are exactly the same, how much
information is exposed across administrative borders.
An organization should probably start with the assumption that a site
boundary is exactly congruent with an OSPF area, but they may choose to
restrict it further, or expand it when it makes sense for their network.
In any case, the site boundary should never be larger than the IGP
scope, so if we are going to talk about defaults, rather than assuming
every interface is in a different site, why not assume every EGP/IGP
boundary identifies a different site? If we can get past that, maybe we
can start talking about area boundaries as a reasonable default.

Tony