> > IMHO, it would almost be easier to remove the "must not be used" sentence
> > from the above paragraph.
>
> Yes, I like that suggestion. It's consistent with Harald's comment
> that we don't have an enforcement department.

Well, I don't think the paragraph is sufficient without it.

How about saying that

- SLs are known to cause problems for DNS and other applications
- the security benefits of SL are dubious and marginal at best
- until the issues associated with exposing applications to mixed
  scopes are better understood, SLs SHOULD NOT be used on networks
  that also use global addresses?

Keith