> Leaving it in the current spec does not remove the potential for
> optimization.

Doing local optimizations to a specification which is 150 pages might be
possible yet it is painful.

> Taking it out may cause MIPv6 to not ship.

Making the RFC not ship? Or making something else not ship?
The spec would not have a problem shipping without the 2-3 pages we are
talking about.

And getting better ND support (or other movement detection/handover tweaks)
is something that I think makes sense to do relatively quickly (as in
the next few months). Having it be in the gigantic spec makes this utterly
hard.

  Erik