> It is actually my (weak) understanding that taking more inputs
> does not actually result in more "uniqueness", at least for
> random number generation.
> Does anyone know how that works for hashing?

This is well explained in RFC 1750, Randomness Recommendations for Security, D.
Eastlake, S. Crocker,
J. Schiller, December 1994. In short, you need to make sure that the various strings
you are hashing provide you the desired level of entropy -- would be 38 bits in this
example.

-- Christian Huitema