On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 09:50:04 -0500, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

>         - We need to provide PI addressing in IPv6, or we will
>                 see wide deployment of IPv6 NAT in enterprises
>                 and homes.  No one seems to be disagreeing with
>                 this.

I don't know yet if I agree or not :-) I agree that it is a good
idea to explore the topic of PI addressing. But if you look at the
requirements, it might be better to take a more fundamental approach
and look into the separatiion of locator and identifier.

I _do_ agree that we must avoid IPv6 NAT!

        rvdp