Keith,

> Keith Moore wrote:
> - we need a new address space for globally-unique
> PI addresses (GUPIs)

I might misread you, but I think that your goal is two-step:
1. Make site-locals unique
2. Make them globally routable (which would indeed suppress site-locals)

1. is a good idea but 2. is not going to work.

> - we need an understanding that GUPIs are not
> globally routable unless/until we know how to make
> that routing scale - but NOT an architectural
> limitation against it

Do you call recommending a default blackhole in routers an architectural
limitation?

Michel.