> Tony Hain wrote:
> Are we wasting a lot of time and energy trying to solve
> the problem in routing, when the real solution lies in a
> complete overhaul of the DNS?

I don't think so, here's the rationale: It is clear that this DNS
overhaul will have to introduce better security and reasonable
convergence times. By doing so, it will inevitably bump into the very
same scalability issues that we have with routing.

This problem is old like the world: How do we get a distributed database
with several hundred million or more rows to converge worldwide in a
matter of seconds. If we solve this problem, it probably won't matter
much if locator mapping is done with DNS or with routing. Today, we're
using routing and until we have clues on how using DNS could be better,
I suggest sticking to it.

Michel.