If you absolutely want NAT take a random address block and NAT it for
you. You will get the same problems / benefits.

Who is going to priovide the registered addresses that will be used for all corporations and at what price? Most companies will not want to have to pay for a public address for all their printers and copiers (and microwaves as those are added by Microsoft).

You can get addresses from your upstream provider.

Ok, if I understand this from a hardware (not application) point of view a
company like IBM (or any other large company with multiple sites) will be
required to pay an upstream provider for (private) local IP addresses for
their printers. Think about it, at the hardware side of this we are
encouraging them to keep using IPv4 for those items that will not be
connected to the public internet.

You pay your provider per traffic volume or bandwidth. Not per IP address. At least non I know of. They will give you as much addresses you need. Now if you still want to put the globally unique addresses behind a NAT, you are free to. But it's a bad idea. The addresses given to you from your provider are not private.

- kurtis -