On 27 Mar 2003, Mika Liljeberg wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 21:43, Tony Hain wrote:
> > > Exactly my point. If the pseudo interface has a 2002::/16
> > > on-link route, longest prefix match will home in on it
> > > instead of the default route.
> >
> > You are missing the point that your scenario has a 2002::/16 on-link
> > route on the native interface as well. Default is not an issue here.
>
> Nope. It has a 2002:ab:cd:xy::/64 on-link route on the native interface.
> Any off-link 6to4 addresses will be routed to the pseudo interface.

.. unless it (must be a router, in practise) learns 2002::/16 from IGP,
which is probably what Tony meant.

This would be a horrible hack.  It is typically not possible or
recommended to be able to able to override the administrative "distance"
(or "metric") of connected routes.

You can work around this issue by advertising two /17's, though, to get
the same effect.