Erik Nordmark wrote:
     Each zone is required to be "convex" from a routing
     perspective, i.e., packets sent from one interface to any
     other interface in the same zone are never routed outside
     the zone.

No one has objected to it.  I have implemented the routing of
scoped addresses.  I can guarantee convexity in the protocol.

Brian,

I thought the hard part about ensuring convexity wasn't about the routing
protocol itself, but ensuring convexity in the forwarding of a packet
with
        dst = global address assigned to site
        src = site local address

For things to work such a packet must stay inside the site even though
it's destination address is a global address.

Correct. My statement was for the protocol, not the forwarding. That is why I made the follow-on comment about complexity. The next-hop interface's ifindex for the global destination address would have to be checked to ensure that it has the same zone ID as the interface on which the packet was received. So, it leads to more checks during forwarding AND requires the forwarding table to potentially maintain multiple next-hops for the global addresses.

In other words, the global prefixes learned from within the site
have to be "marked" so they don't get confused with prefixes
learned from outside the site.

Brian