Patrik Fältström wrote:

From an Application (above TCP) perspective, A, definitely A. Itojun summarizes well the issues. Mandating a host to know topology is just a really bad thing. Really really bad.

paf

I am worried that continuing to beat the dead horse gets v6 nowhere. I know of several
non-ipv6 people (people with backgrounds in security and applications) who got involved
in the site-local debate because they were worried about the way the wg was heading. The
consensus in SF to deprecate site-local (and that is exactly what it was) was seen as
progress by many who are now probably not paying attention having moved on to other
pressing matters. It is probably good to keep that in mind when judging the current debate.

Cheers Leif