Andrew White wrote:
> > I would like to point out again, that as per my suggestion,
> nodes MUST
> > NOT send, receive or forward traffic in which the source and
> > destination addresses are not of the same scope.
>
> I think this is unnecessarily stringent.  Certainly nodes
> should prefer not to send packets with non-matching 'scopes'
> (see "default address selection"), but I don't see it as an
> error condition to do so.

In the past I agreed with you, but lately I have been more convinced that it
is a logical error. There is nothing that will prevent someone from doing
this if local policy says to allow it, but I think the default policy should
be that local/global mismatches are disallowed. This would make it simpler
to set up a condition where the policy is 'file mount is only bound to
local', node X only has a global address, therefore X is not allowed to
export a file system.

Tony