Keith,

I agree yet again on your scaling well put statements below.  I thought
of that and between the lines when I said "how does the user know which
interface" I was really addressing the scalability issue.  But awhile
ago I came to realize that the only time that argument works is when it
is used as filerbuster to hold up engineers work in the IETF and I have
seen it used on a few specs.  A good example I gave up on was router
preferences for IPv6 I argued we had to have them but got shot down
based on ones reputation.  I think everyone one of us do router
preferences with ND in implementation as Hosts today and just got it
done. We could have done so much more with ND had we looked at router
preferences but all at that time in the IPv6 world were anti-hosts
knowing anything about IPv6 and I believe anti-servers for operations
(e.g. DHCPv6, Service Location) and why we still have not completed DNS
Discovery in the IETF.  So I gave up on using scalable hypothesis in
debate.  What I tried here was simple common sense with some network
diagrams and such.  Then folks started screaming "but Jim this ipv6
advantage".  Of course it is but not for applications use.
But LLs will not scale.

P.S. the one that still drives me nuts is when someone tells me I have a
packet built in my kernel where the source has less scope than the
destination address, just send it anyway? Don't get it and never will
:--).

/jim