> > BTW, insider threats are on the rise according to various public
> > reports, so should not be discounted. This is one of the motivations
> > of employing security, even within the Enterprise.
>
> Yes, but I do not really think people are going to solve those using
> ESP-NULL. I think they must move to encrypted ESP to provide
> confidentiality also, and that makes the need for ESP-NULL visibility
> even less.

I disagree. With AH as a MAY and ESP as MUST in IPSec, most vendors will
implement ESP (besides the problem of AH being NAT unfriendly). All
applications (OSPFv3, RIPng, etc), and there are many, which don't care about
confidentiality, but are only concerned with authentication and integrity
assurance, will continue using ESP-NULL.

Thus there is a need for ESP-NULL visibility.

Cheers, Manav