Hi,

I have a slight preference to keeping the protocol symmetric. But even if we
choose not to do that, I think Tero's text (quoted below) leaves too much room
for interpretation.

---
7.  Use of the Redirect Mechanism between IKEv2 Peers

   The Re-direct mechanism described in this document is mainly intended
   for use in client-gateway scenarios.  However, the mechanism can also
   be used between any two IKEv2 peers, but this protocol is
   asymmetric, meaning that only the responder can redirect initiator
   to some other server.
---

The protocol supports using an Informational exchange for redirect at any time
during the SA lifetime, and this is inherently symmetric. And of course,
following an IKE SA rekey, the initiator/responder roles might change. If we go
for the restricted option, the new text should cover both of these issues.

Thanks,
        Yaron

[snip]