Prabhat,

With regard to your first observation, I'll note that your argument appears to be based on particular implementation choices. We don't generally consider changes to standards based on such choices, unless a lot of vendors indicate that there are no viable implementation options consistent with the standard.

With regard to your second observation, the text I cited from 4301 clearly identified IPsec (not IKE) SAs as the way to accommodate QoS-induced reordering.

The 64-packet receive window is a MINIMUM value. So a receiver is always free to make the window bigger. The impact of this is minimal for software implementations, but might be an issue in hardware, depending on how the window is implemented.

Steve