From: ipsec-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:ipsec-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of
Yoav Nir
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 16:42
To: Scott C Moonen
Cc: IPsecme WG
Subject: Re: [IPsec] Issue #2: Where does N(SET_WINDOW_SIZE) go?

Actually, just "yes", not "definitely".

All payloads in the IKE_SA_INIT are protected by the AUTH payload in the
IKE_AUTH exchange, so if crypto works, a third party will not be able to
tinker with it.

On the other hand, at the end of the IKE_SA_INIT exchange, there is no IKE
SA, so setting up some properties of that as-yet-non-existant IKE SA seems
premature to me. I think it should be in all but the IKE_SA_INIT exchange
(and also not in unprotected informational)

  _____