Considering that I didn't know what "now" meant and this message didn't have a
deadline, I hope my input is considered.  I prefer the first option - we need
to document the associated threat model with each assumption, but, deployments
need to figure out what their threat model is.  The one RT resumption mechanism
is key for handoff situations and for certain environments, it doesn't allow
new attacks that are feasible outside of the IPsec use anyway.  If we threw out
this model, we will be preventing a whole class of use cases that could
otherwise use this resumption mechanism.

Note that for these use cases, it is not much more expensive to just do the DH
and use regular IKEv2, instead of using resumption, if the latter also involved
as many roundtrips.

Thanks,
Vidya