> MUST either offer no integrity algorithm or a single integrity algorithm
of "none", with no integrity algorithm being the preferred method

Sounds good, thanks,

Scott Moonen (smoo...@us.ibm.com)
z/OS Communications Server TCP/IP Development
http://www.linkedin.com/in/smoonen

From:
Paul Hoffman <paul.hoff...@vpnc.org>
To:
Scott C Moonen/Raleigh/i...@ibmus
Cc:
IPsecme WG <ipsec@ietf.org>, ipsec-boun...@ietf.org, Tero Kivinen
<kivi...@iki.fi>
Date:
11/25/2009 12:29 PM
Re: [IPsec] #122: Integrity proposals with combined algorithms

At 11:34 AM -0500 11/25/09, Scott C Moonen wrote:
> > MUST either offer no integrity algorithm or a single integrity
algorithm of "none"

>> Does anyone have a problem with this new wording?
>
>I suggest we specify that one or the other as the preferred approach.
Maybe add an additional sentence saying SHOULD for no transform and MAY
for transform=none?

I hate honing down that far: it confuses future developers. How about:

MUST either offer no integrity algorithm or a single integrity algorithm
of "none", with no integrity algorithm being the preferred method

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium